Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM).
- Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy (FESEM).
- Transmission electron microscopy (TEM).
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM).
- Focus Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscopy (FIB-SEM).
- Optical Microscopy and Image Analysis (MO-IA).
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy (CSLM).
- Interferometric microscopy.
- Fluorescence Microscopy.
- Static and dynamic, uniaxial and biaxial Mechanical tests (compression, tensile, bending, and torsion) both in dry and liquid environments.
- Creep testing.
- Pull-out tests and torque tests on screws, implants and implanted samples.
- Injectability testing.
- Fatigue dynamic tests in both liquid and dry media.
- Hardness testing.
- Adhesion evaluation of coatings by Scratch-Test.
- Wear resistance testing by pin-on-disk and Ball-on-disk.
- Extensiometric and video-extensiometric strain measurements.
Chemical and structural characterization of materials
- X-ray Diffraction (XRD).
- Mass spectrometry.
- High performance liquid chromatography –mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS).
- Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy.
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy.
- Raman spectroscopy.
- Atomic emission spectroscopy (AES).
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry FTIR.
- Ultraviolet–visible spectroscopy (UV).
- Chemical degradation studies.
- Kinetic determinations for drug delivery.
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES) and inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS).
- pH determination in chemical solutions.
- Metallographic analysis.
- Mercury intrusion porosimetry (MIP).
- X -ray micro Computed Tomography (micro-CT).
- Density determination by Helium pycnometry.
- Gas adsorption measurements (specific surface area and porosity).
- Roughness evaluation by Surface profilometry and optical interferometry.
- Wettability studies by Contact angle method.
- Particle size analysis and distribution by laser diffraction.
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC).
Heat and Surface treatments
- Heat and surface treatments until 1550ºC in both atmospheric and controlled atmosphere.
- Autoclave sterilization treatments.
- Accelerated corrosion treatments.
- Accelerated aging treatments.
- Low temperature plasma surface treatments and coatings.
- Activation and functionalization surface treatments.
- Freeze drying of samples by lyophilization.
- Dip-coating and electrochemical coatings.
- Physical, mechanical, Chemical and thermo-chemical surface texturization treatments.
- Metal anodizing surface treatments.
- Ion release tests.
- Corrosion tests.
- Measurement of electric conductivity in liquid solutions.
- Direct and indirect cytotoxicity tests on different cell lines according to UNE-EN ISO 10993 Standard.
- Cell adhesion, proliferation & differentiation tests.
- Bacterial (mono-strain and multi-strain) adhesion and biofilm formation tests.
- Live & Dead bacterial test.
- Protein surface adsorption and immobilization testing.
- Quantitative Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-qPCR).
Animal studies and Histological characterization
- Experimental design, management and execution of in vivo studies in different animal models in order to evaluate tissue response to biomaterials.
- Histological processing by histological refrigerated Cutting System.
- Fixation, dehydration, polymerisation, grinding and polishing of histological samples.
- Colorimetric staining and immunohistochemical tissue preparation for histological evaluation.
- Graphite coatings on histological samples for SEM evaluation.
- Histomorphometric analysis by SEM, optical and fluorescence microscopy.
- Histological and histopathological analysis of tissue explanted samples.
- Engineering applied to forensic studies of defective components, machines and implants.
- Fractographic studies of industrial components, medical implants and prosthesis.
Data processing and analysis & Technical consultancy
- Statistical Analysis of Data and experimental results.
- Image processing, treatment and analysis for data acquisition.
- Design, development and optimization of processes, products and components for the biomedical sector and preclinical testing, both in vitro and in vivo.
- Technological support to bring new medical devices into the market: from the initial idea to the launch of a new product.
- Patent analysis and tracking.
- Analysis of the state of the art in technology and in the bio/health sector.
- Detection of public calls for tenders.
- Design, drafting, management and implementation of research projects.
- Technical experts for legal causes and accidents.
- Design and implementation of training courses and sessions for companies.